Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SNOW DAY



Here's what we woke up to this morning.  It snowed all day yesterday and was still snowing when we went to bed.  So much for the "Designer" snow concept.  We got 8 inches which is really good for us. ( They got 14 up in Flagstaff.)  I know it's not too impressive for you in Utah and Idaho where it really snows.  But c'mon, this is Arizona!!!  Anyhow we're loving it, but I know you'll laugh when I tell you that this was a snow day for all the school kids.  Since we live in a town  where most of the streets and roads are steep and curvy (and some unpaved), and because the city only clears the main roads, I guess they'd rather have the kids safe at home rather than out sliding around on the icy streets.  Even this evening after a lot of sunshine and melting today, we took Brenden and Landon (grandsons) to dinner and the first restaurant we went to had a sign on the window saying they were closed and would open again tomorrow . . . and it was on one of the main streets.  Go figure!  The weatherman said today that there are three more storms coming.  Boy, I sure love my fireplace!
I took this picture from my front door. Sorry it's blurry.  I think I was in a hurry to close it. Snow was clear up to the door despite the covering over the porch.
This is looking out the door downstairs in the back.
From the window upstairs looking out the back.  You've got to admit, it's beautiful.

2 comments:

maren bosley said...

It is beautiful! And I'm impressed with all the blogging mom. Keep it up :)

basquegirl said...

I love the snow...still. It is very beautiful. Thanks for the pictures!!