Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy New Year!



We opted to spend Christmas alone and go up to Utah to ring in the New Year with Bart's family so that we could be there for Porter's baptism.  We were there almost a week, and played everyday.  Being a fan of jigsaw puzzles, we managed to complete three.  Kerina was my constant companion, and is really good, although everyone pitched in from time to time.We took all the Christmas presents with us, so we got to watch all the kids open their gifts.  Porter was loving his tool kit, complete with belt and goggles.  All he needed was some wood and a few nails.  
You can't give Hannah a better present than a book.  And she has it finished in no time.
Emma tried on her new pantsuit right away, and it was just right for such a pretty little girl.
Marie's folks came for the big New Year's Eve party.  Here's her mom, Sherry, getting the party food ready.
Poor Bart had a New Year's Eve gig.  I use the word "poor" because he missed the party, but monetarily speaking, he came home a little richer.  Deep down, these musicians will miss just about anything for a chance to gig.
The day after New Year's, we all went sledding--sad to say that for me, the southern California/desert girl, it was a first.   
I spent most of the time watching, and because Bart and Marie had "geared me up" with all the best in winter wear, I stayed warm.  It looked like such fun, though, that I had to give it a try.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of me on the sled, but take my word for it--I went down twice, and it was pretty darn fun!
On Saturday, we all went to the church so that Porter could be baptized by his Dad.
And here's all the family--L-R:  Me, Andrea, Grandpa, Kerina, Marie, Hannah, Grace, Bart, and Joseph.  The three standing in front are Emma, Porter, and the cute little rascal, Jarom.  They are a great family, and we love being with them--It was really a fun week.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I have to agree, they are a great family. Looks like you had a great time and I am impressed with all the pictures that you took. Great blogging.

maren bosley said...

Ditto. What's not to love about that cute family?! Just wish we all lived closer.