Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tag! I'm It!

Okay so Maren tagged me, and now I guess I have to come up with 6 quirks about myself.  I'm afraid that at my age, I've developed way too many.

My first one, though, is exactly the same as Maren's--(Did I do that to her?)  I can't stand to see people chew gum. It just seems so gross to see something rolling around inside of someone's mouth, and I guess there's just no way to be discreet about it.  

Number 2--Another thing that I think is really gross is to see paper in a plate.  e.g., You finish dinner and then unwrap a mint or something and put the wrapper in the plate on top of all the leftover food--Can't stand it--Gives me the creeps.  (Weird, I know.)

Number 3--I like things straight and orderly.  You know that little lever that holds your tray up on the back of the seat in an airplane?  Well, every time I have ever flown anywhere with Maren, she will always turn that lever so that it's not straight up an down.  Call me Monk, but I have to straighten it.  She does the same thing when we're playing dominoes--always puts her domino down a little crooked. I try to ignore it, but eventually it gets to me.  

Number 4--I'm really afraid of heights.  I'm okay in an airplane, but don't like looking over the edge of anything that's up high.  The thought of dropping something off a bridge and watching it fall can cause me to break into a sweat, too.  And, as if that's not bad enough--and this is admittedly really weird--I sometimes get the same feeling watching a helium balloon float up into the sky.  A kite's okay, though, because there's a string.  It must be all about control.

Number 5--I can't sleep in a bed that hasn't been made.  If I didn't get to it all day, I have to make it before I get in it--even if it's 1:00 in the morning.  I have even been known to get up in the middle of the night and "straighten" the covers.

Number 6--Casey's husband (Tim) made fun of me once because I like my spices in alphabetical order in the cupboard.  But I think it helps me find them faster.  As a matter of fact,  I've been thinking lately it would be a good idea to do the whole pantry that way--AND my food storage shelves.  I'll let you know they it turn out.

Okay, I tag Cheryl, Carrie, Sue (Brown), and Bart

  

1 comment:

maren bosley said...

Hey mom! Sorry about the airplane tray thing. It helped the time pass. I'm with you on the bed thing...how can people deal with messed up covers!!!